Re: multi column foreign key for implicitly unique columns

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: multi column foreign key for implicitly unique columns
Дата
Re: multi column foreign key for implicitly unique columns  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Re: multi column foreign key for implicitly unique columns  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: multi column foreign key for implicitly unique columns  (Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca>)
Список pgsql-sql
On 8/18/2004 9:49 AM, Markus Bertheau wrote:

> В Срд, 18.08.2004, в 15:33, Jan Wieck пишет:
>
>> Meaning that not enforcing the uniqueness of those columns isn't an
>> option.
>
> The thing is that the columns _are_ unique, there's just no unique
> constraint on them. They are unique because there's a unique constraint
> on a subset of these columns. So no additional uniqueness enforcing
> needed.

Yes, you are right, a superset of columns of a unique constraint is
allways unique as well.

I assume it is performance why you are denormalizing your data?

However, Bruce, this should be on the TODO list:
    * Allow foreign key to reference a superset of the columns      covered by a unique constraint on the referenced
table.

Jan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: multi column foreign key for implicitly unique columns
Сообщение: Re: multi column foreign key for implicitly unique columns