Newlines in pl/python functions

От Jason Hyett
Тема Newlines in pl/python functions
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello all,

Sorry if this is not the right forum, but...

I'm running postgres 7.4.3 on Linux with pl/python installed, and
pgadmin 1.0.2 on windows XP. If I try and create a python function via
pgadmin I cannot include newlines in the script. The function is updated
ok, but I get syntax errors when the script compiles. If I remove the
newlines and put all the code onto one long line then the function
compiles and executes fine.

If I create the same function on the server using psql then newlines
work ok, so I'm guessing there's a problem translating the newlines from
the Windows to Unix formats. Presumably this ought to work?

Just though I'd mention it since I can't find any reference elsewhere
suggesting this is a known issue.

many thanks, Jason