initdb & locale weirdness

От Aleksander Kmetec
Тема initdb & locale weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi all!

Has anyone managed to run initdb on Windows with a unicode locale?

On Windows, code for utf-8 is 65001, so the value passed to --locale
switch should look like language_country.65001 (Swedish_Sweden.65001,
German_Germany.65001, Slovenian_Slovenia.65001, ...). [*]

setlocale() accepts theese strings as valid LC_COLLATE values, but it
does not accept them as values for LC_CTYPE, which is used by initdb
function chklocale for checking if the passed string represents a valid
locale. This also makes it impossible to set lc_collate to such a value
using --lc-collate switch.

Can anyone else confirm this? Or am I just missing a language pack of
some sort? (unlinkely, I think; utf-8/65001 does show up as installed in
control panel -> regional settings). Non-unicode values seem to work
just fine.

I'm using PG 8.0 beta1 on windows 2000 SP4.

Regards,
Aleksander

[*] List of character set constants; utf-8 is the last one
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/unicode_81rn.asp