Re: PITR on Windows?

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: PITR on Windows?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>

>> > Yes, the fix will be in beta2 or the next pginstaller release.
>>
>> Do you mean that the next pginstaller release will carry a 8.0beta1
>> with different behaviour that actual 8.0beta1 ?
>>
>> I hope I mistake you.
>>

> What are you talking about? The installer project doesn't have to sit
> around waiting for the next beta before they include patches that have
> occurred since then. They can package whatever they like, in fact (and
> they have been doing a fantastic job, IMNSHO). After all, their releases
> are beta too. You can run against cvs HEAD and it will be marked 8.0beta1.

So? I don't like it neither. Am I criticizing their job ?

I think is better have a 8.0beta1 and a 8.0beta1devel, this just in order to
understand which version the users are testing. But of course I'm the last
in this list that can decide about it.

BTW other projects are carrying also a build version in order to distinguish
between two 8.0beta1 versions.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Сообщение: Re: Calling PL functions with named parameters
Сообщение: Re: Calling PL functions with named parameters