Re: Calling PL functions with named parameters

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: Calling PL functions with named parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
>> Oliver Jowett wrote:

>>> Python's equivalent syntax allows you to mix the two forms so long as
>>> all the by-position parameters come first:
>>>
>> python don't have overloaded functions...
>

> It doesn't change how you'd handle overloaded functions; you still have
> a type for every parameter available.

I think will be a mess that will break the "minor surprise" principle,
even the bad C++ stays away from this field ( se explicit constructors,
and automatic cast limited to only one level ).

I know I know the Koenig Lookup is there as a Damocle's sword...

Regards
Gaetano Mendola