Re: Weird Database Performance problem!

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Weird Database Performance problem!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Arash Zaryoun wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply. It fixed the problem.
> Just one more question: Do I need to create an index for FKs?

You don't _need_ to, but on the referring side (e.g. table GCTBALLOT in
your example) PostgreSQL won't create one automatically.

Of course, the primary-key side will already have an index being used as
part of the constraint.

I've cc:ed the list on this, the question pops up quite commonly.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd