Re: [SQL] how to cast localtimestamp to bigint???

От Guy Fraser
Тема Re: [SQL] how to cast localtimestamp to bigint???
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
You don't need to use a bigint, read the documentation on data types.

There are a number of different things you can use for a timestamp, here
are a few :

abstime
abstime with timezone
timestamp
timestamp with timezone

Then when you are inserting your data, you can use 'now' as the time.

Eg.
CREATE TABLE pointy_stuff (
    PointId integer,
    PointName varchar(50),
    PointType integer,
    CreateTime abstime
);

INSERT INTO pointy_stuff (
    PointId,
    PointName,
    PointType,
    CreateTime
) VALUES (
    '12345',
    'point1',
    '1',
    'now'
);

I believe abstime is the smallest timestamp, but I could be wrong.

To output the data as a bigint I believe you can use this.

SELECT
    PointId,
    PointName,
    PointType,
    date_part('epoch',CreateTime) as unix_ts
FROM
    pointy_stuff
;

Hope that helps.