Re: will PITR in 8.0 be usable for "hot spare"/"log shipping" type

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: will PITR in 8.0 be usable for "hot spare"/"log shipping" type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
>
>>will PITR in 8.0 be usable for "hot spare"/"log shipping" type of
>>replication or is it just for Point In Time RECOVERY ?
>

> It should work; dunno if anyone has tried it yet.

I was thinking about it but I soon realized that actually is
impossible to do, postgres replay the log only if during the
start the file recover.conf is present in $DATA directory :-(

Am I missing the point ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola