PostgreSQL 8.0

От Andras Kutrovics
Тема PostgreSQL 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello!

I downloaded and installed PostgreSQL 8.0-beta1.
After I successfully started the server, any client
connection fails to the server with the follwing
in the log file

************************************

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-08-11 14:05:49 Central
Europe Daylight Time
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/AA8470
LOG:  redo record is at 0/AA8470; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 492; next OID: 17228
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  select() failed in statistics collector: An operation was
attempted on something that is not a socket.

LOG:  select() failed in statistics buffer: An operation was attempted
on something that is not a socket.

LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 3648) was terminated by signal 1
LOG:  could not receive data from client: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

LOG:  incomplete startup packet
LOG:  could not receive data from client: An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.

Probably it's not a bug, but I make a mistake in configuring PostgreSQL(?)

Is there any solution?

Thank you in advance

Andras Kutrovics
Please cc: it to n-drew@freemail.hu, thx