Re: Resultset problem or BUG !

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Resultset problem or BUG !
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Elie Nacache wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Elie, I'm afraid we'll need more details before we can help.

> A data writed in a table but not commited is not accessible in
> modification by the resultset. The error returned is "Cannot move to
> index of 0".

Is this an ODBC or JDBC error? There are specific lists for both of those.

> BTW in SQL a sequence of INSERT, UPDATE and then COMMIT work fine.

> I'm using the same code with oracle and it's working well.

What code?

> Is it a BUG !?

Can't say.

> I'm using psql 7.4.3 on Linux 9.0

psql is the command-line tool, so I'm guessing you mean PostgreSQL (or
pgsql) 7.4.3. Likewise, there is no Linux 9.0 - I'm assuming you mean
RedHat, SuSE or Mandrake.

If you can provide details on how you are accessing the database and a
short example of your code, I'm sure someone will be able to help.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd