How to identify which query is running - reg.

От Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy
Тема How to identify which query is running - reg.
Дата
Re: How to identify which query is running - reg.  (Jan Poslusny <pajout@gingerall.cz>)
Список pgsql-general
Dear Group,
                      We have a java front-end for postgresql 3.4.  When
we monitor the system usage using top we find couple of postmasters
taking up close to 90% of the CPU time in total.  I would like to know
which are the queries that are currently running at this point of time.
How do we do this??  Another thing that I have noticed is that when I
give df -h, I find there is a partition /dev/shm which is somewhere in
the range of about 128MB and never used.  What is this supposed to be.
Is it being not used a good sign or am I loosing on my performance? How
do we get it to be used by the database if it will help improve the
performance.  Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Shan.