Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>OK, I would like to get a 100% solution here.  The change of / to \
>really only handles part of our problem, and doesn't deal with
>directories with spaces like "Program Files".
>
>We need a 100% solution for Win32 for this.  I know we have been around
>with the quote test but we need to keep going.  initdb and pg_ctl had
>similar problems but we got it working 100% after some effort, and we
>need to do the same here.

Actually, it appears to me that we have a 100% solution. The user can
build quotes into the command quite easily, so that handles the spaces
issue, and we do know that backslashes always work, so expanding %p with
backslashes handles that part of it.

(Side note about the patch that was applied: the system-dependent path
representation probably belongs in path.c, so we could avoid those
#ifdef WIN32 bits that Tom hates so much ... )

cheers

andrew