Re: Script done... Function won´t wo

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: Script done... Function won´t wo
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Marcel Boscher wrote:

> Once again, ;-)
>
> The script is finally done i hope ...
>
> i can create my function.... no problem
> but when i'm calling it up with a
> SELECT zufall(); statement pgAdmin
> tells me there is no function with that name...
> although its listed in my function list as zufall!!!! ...
> <runningagainstthewallheadfirst>
>

> SOURCE:
> create or replace function zufall(int4) returns text as '
> declare
>  anzahl      alias for $1;
>  i           int4;
>  zeichen     char(1);
>  zufallstext text;
>  entries     int8;
> begin
>  loop
>    zufallstext := '''';
>    for i in 1..anzahl loop
>      select chr(trunc((random()*26)+65)) into zeichen;
>      zufallstext := zufallstext || zeichen;
>    end loop;
>    SELECT count(*) into entries FROM se_errorcode
>      WHERE entry = zufallstext;
>    EXIT WHEN entries = 0;
>  end loop;
>  return zufallstext;
> end;
> ' language 'plpgsql';

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

First, make sure that you're passing in an argument:
SELECT zufall(5);

When I try it on my test db (7.4) I get:
  testdb=# SELECT zufall(5);
  ERROR:  function chr(double precision) does not exist
  HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
need to add explicit type casts.
  CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "zufall" line 11 at select into variables
so you should also check the arguments and return type of the chr()
function.

Hope that helps.

Ron

От: Marcel Boscher
Сообщение: Script done... Function won´t work...
От: Ron St-Pierre
Сообщение: Re: DISTINCT ordering