Re: CID 1428952 (#1 of 1): Out-of-bounds access (OVERRUN) (src/backend/commands/async.c)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CID 1428952 (#1 of 1): Out-of-bounds access (OVERRUN) (src/backend/commands/async.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> writes:
> Em sáb., 18 de jul. de 2020 às 14:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:
>> No, there's just something wrong with Coverity's analysis.
>> I've grown a bit disillusioned with that tool; of late it's
>> been giving many more false positives than useful reports.

> It could be, differences in the sizes of the types. Since on Linux, there
> may be no alerts.

No, all the types involved here should be pretty platform-independent.
IIRC, the PG security team already saw this same warning from Coverity,
and we dismissed it as a false positive.

Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk