Re: Make a column case insensitive

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Make a column case insensitive
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 8/6/2004 11:29 AM, Gordon Ross wrote:

> Is it possible to make a column case insensitive, without having to pepper your SELECTs with lots of lower() function
calls(and forgetting to do it at times !)

> (I'm on 7.4.3)

With a little bit of legwork you can create an itext data type. It would
just use textin() and textout() for the data type declaration itself. From there you'd define a bunch of comparision
operatorsthat are based

on sql functions doing case insensitive comparision, plus an operator
class and a couple of implicit casts. I don't think you'd even need a
single line of C code for that new data type.

Jan