Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

> If I understood what I was reading, this would take several things:
> * Remove the "special UTF-8 check" in pg_verifymbstr;
> * Extend pg_utf2wchar_with_len and pg_utf_mblen to handle the 4-byte case;
> * Set maxmblen to 4 in the pg_wchar_table[] entry for UTF-8.
>
> Are there any other places that would have to change?  Would this break
> anything?  The testing aspect is what's bothering me at the moment.

Does this change what client_encoding = UNICODE might produce? The JDBC
driver will need some tweaking to handle this -- Java uses UTF-16
internally and I think some supplementary character (?) scheme for
values above 0xffff as of JDK 1.5.

-O