Re: Is olap possible on postgresql????

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Is olap possible on postgresql????
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Last I checked, PostgreSQL supported most of the ANSI-99 OLAP functions
with the following notable exceptions:
1) Table and row constructors
2) CUBE and ROLLUP functions

Of course OLAP merely means that you are doing data mining rather than
transaction processing, so it is more of an approach than a set of
supported technologies.  PostgreSQL handles OLAP *much* better than
MySQL which doesn't even support views....

If you can tell us more about what you need, maybe we can help.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting