Re: PostgreSQL as an application server

От Ned Lilly
Тема Re: PostgreSQL as an application server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonathan,

This is exactly how my company has built a very robust ERP application.  See www.openmfg.com.

All the ERP business logic is in pl/pgsql (20,000+ lines, very high fiber content).  The GUI is the Qt framework for
C++,which gives us a client in Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and even wireless (embedded Linux) - with one source tree to
maintain. Bringing up various web views into the system (using python, PHP, etc) is a snap as well.

Performance is outstanding, as you would expect.  We have commodity Intel servers running Linux typically serving
dozensof concurrent users of a very transaction-intensive system.

Cheers,
Ned Lilly