Re: New to Postgres

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: New to Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Darkcamel wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>    I am new to postgres and don't really understand how the database is
>    set-up.  I am very fluent with mysql and sql2000, but postgres is new to
>    me.  If anyone can point me to some good links I would appreciate it very
>    much.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Darkcamel

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Well then I suggest you check out the docs at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/index.html. Specifically you
can start with the Tutorial - Getting Started to show you how to create
a database in postgres and access it. Then check out The SQL Language -
Data Definition and SQL Language - Data Manipulation to see postgres's
syntax for accessing / modifying the database and data.

hth

Ron