Re: Data version idea (please discuss)

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: Data version idea (please discuss)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Glaesemann wrote:

>  From what I gather, the SQL TSQL2 discussions ended without any
> conclusion as to extending SQL in this direction.

Darwen's critique of TSQL2 is here:

http://www.hughdarwen.freeola.com/TheThirdManifesto.web/OnTSQL2.pdf

I'm not sure if Snodgrass ever replied to it.

The working draft's Part 7 was SQL/Temporal:

http://www.jtc1sc32.org/sc32/jtc1sc32.nsf/f3b9a582bbf35d33852566210054191a/115c37d71e64bfd188256a5b00442b3e?OpenDocument

There's a bunch of temporal related doucments from the TimeCenter:

http://www.cs.auc.dk/TimeCenter/pub.htm

Partial indexes get me close to where I want with temporal features.
I just wish the RI constraints had the ability to supply a WHERE
clause. Between the two, it might get me were I want, rather than
having to write triggers to ensure temporal integrity.

Mike Mascari