Slow after VACUUM, fast after DROP-CREATE INDEX

От ruben
Тема Slow after VACUUM, fast after DROP-CREATE INDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi:

Lately I run into some problems with postmaster fatal errors, corrupted
data and indexes, lost tuples, etc. I was advised to check hardware,
I'll do so.

Today, one of the processes running daily took 4 hours when it takes
about 5 minutes. After a VACCUM ANALYZE of the affected tables it took
the same to finish, then I recreated (drop and create) the index of the
affected table and the process when again fast. My question is, isn't
enough to run a VACCUM to optimize a table and its indexes? Is it
advisable to recreate indexes from time to time?

Thanks in advance.