Re: Timezone for %t log_line_prefix

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Timezone for %t log_line_prefix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Greg Stark wrote:

>Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>

>>However, this is probably a bit more work than is reasonable to
>>undertake right now, when we're already overdue for beta.  For the
>>moment I'm really thinking that we ought to just #ifdef out the %Z
>>on Windows, and plan to do something nicer in 8.1.
>>

>Could it just print numeric time zones on windows?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_strftime.2c_.wcsftime.asp

says this about strftime:

*%z*, *%Z*   Either the time-zone name or time zone abbreviation, depending on   registry settings; no characters if
timezone is unknown

So I don't think we can.

One thought I did have was that we could force UTC on Windows as a quick
fix.

cheers

andrew