Re: COPY not handling BLOBs

От David Rysdam
Тема Re: COPY not handling BLOBs
Дата
Re: COPY not handling BLOBs  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Doug McNaught wrote:

>David Rysdam <drysdam@ll.mit.edu> writes:
>

>>Right now I'm having to write a program to create all the large
>>objects up front and record the OIDs in a file which I will then COPY
>>in with the rest of my data.
>>

>You might consider using "bytea" instead of large objects, unless you
>need the lo_read()/lo_seek() API in your client app...  I'm not
>super-familiar with how bytea and COPY work together, though.
>
>-Doug

bytea will only go up to "several thousand bytes" according to the
docs.  I assume it's not very precise because the maximum is 8196 -
$other_fields_in_row.  My binary data could be a couple times that or
even much bigger for other apps.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Casting timestamp with time zone to varchar automatically
От: Oliver Elphick
Сообщение: Re: altering the datatype of a column.