Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly

От Mark Greenbank
Тема Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've enabled logging, having upgraded to 7.3.4 (since that was the simplest yum updated :) and I see the following messages:

FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
LOG:  server process (pid 26548) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
FATAL:  The database system is in recovery mode
WARNING:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2006-10-06 11:34:17 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at D/72C79A94
LOG:  redo record is at D/72C79A94; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 74267383; next oid: 89469046
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at D/72C79AD4
LOG:  redo is not required
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  The database system is starting up
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  The database system is starting up
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  The database system is starting up
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  The database system is starting up
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  The database system is starting up
LOG:  database system is ready

The worrying bit (at least to my uneducated eye) is the line:
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at D/72C79AD4

Thanks,
Mark