Re: Anybody have an Oracle PL/SQL reference at hand?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Anybody have an Oracle PL/SQL reference at hand?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Depending on how tense you want to be about Oracle compatibility, we
> could make people actually write their blocks as above --- that is,
> the SAVEPOINT and ROLLBACK commands would be a required part of the
> exception-block syntax.  They wouldn't actually *do* anything, but
> they would make the code look more like its Oracle equivalent.  I'm not
> for this, but maybe someone wants to make the case for it?

So long as I can emulate SQL MERGE with it, I'm happy.  ie.  I need a
solution to the 'try update, if no rows changed then insert (unique
index)' common race condition issue.  If I cannot keep looping that
until it succeeds, then exceptions don't help me...

Chris