Re: pg_dump bug fixing

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pg_dump bug fixing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> This is a non-trivial accident to have happen on a shared machine; once users
> are dumped, all of their ownerships and permissions go with them.   If you
> have a complex permissions system, better hope you backed up first!
>
> I find this behavior highly undesirable, and consider it a bug.    The globals
> dump should just add users, and not delete any.

Unless the --clean option is passed, yes I agree with you. The other
issue is that it is silly to have to use pg_dumpall to get the globals.
A person should be able to pull a pg_dump on a particular database and
get everything that is required to run that database. Including users.

Joshua D. Drake

Вложения