Re: Problems with UNION ALL and ORDER BY

От Kaloyan Iliev Iliev
Тема Re: Problems with UNION ALL and ORDER BY
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dear Tom,

As I say in my previous letter I am using 7.2.3. If you wish I can show
you the query and the result to see for yourself, that there is
something wrong. It just don't order the overall result but the separate
results of the both subqueries.

Tom Lane wrote:

>Kaloyan Iliev Iliev <news1@faith.digsys.bg> writes:
>

>> I have the following problem:
>>

>>select
>>from
>>where
>> UNION ALL
>>

>>select
>>from
>>where
>>ORDER BY field1
>>

>>But the the order by doesn't work properly. It returns the rows of the
>>first query ordered and then appends the rows of the second query
>>ordered.
>>

>Pray tell, what Postgres release are you using?
>
>AFAICT this will result in an overall sort in all PG releases since 7.0.
>I don't have anything older to test...
>
>            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Problems with UNION ALL and ORDER BY
Сообщение: Re: Problems with UNION ALL and ORDER BY