Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wonder if we shouldn't try to display the roles's properties using
> SQL keywords rather than narrating. Someone can be confused by "No
> connections" but "CONNECTION LIMIT 0" is pretty hard to mistake;
> likewise "LOGIN" or "NOLOGIN" seems clear enough.

Mmm ... maybe.  I think those of us who are native English speakers
may overrate the intelligibility of SQL keywords to those who aren't.
So I'm inclined to feel that preserving translatability of the
role property descriptions is a good thing.  But it'd be good to
hear comments on that point from people who actually use it.