Re: [HACKERS] building 6.4 on sunos 4.1.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] building 6.4 on sunos 4.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Kogge <stevek@uimage.com> writes:
>     since sunos does not have a 's' option for ar I have traced this back
> to Makefile.global which sets
> AROPT=crs
>     The override for sunos (cr) is not invoked. HUMMMM

Hmm.  It sounds like configure is not selecting the right template file,
because both template/sunos4_cc and template/sunos4_gcc contain "AROPT:cr".

I think you need to run configure with "--with-template=sunos4_cc"
(or gcc if you prefer) to force it to use the right template.  A lot
of your other problems might go away too ;-).

You might want to look at config.guess and try to figure out why that's
not detecting sunos4 to begin with.  Hard to believe that that's
broken...