Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Дата
Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Not to bug you Peter, but 7.0 may not wait three days before release.

> I would vote that this is important enough that it should wait, but no
> one has raised the issue until now so we haven't discussed it.

My two cents: I wouldn't object to postponing release a day or so for
it, *but* if what we're getting is an un-beta-tested driver then my
level of enthusiasm drops considerably.  I'd rather say "it'll get
fixed in 7.0.1, after a decent testing interval for the new driver".

Relevant question: how well does the JDBC code that's in CVS now
work with 7.0?  If the answer is "hardly at all" then a new driver
is probably better even if it has lurking bugs.  If the answer is
"pretty well" then again I'd be inclined to ship what we've got.