Re: maximum number of triggers on a table?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: maximum number of triggers on a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> writes:
>> I have a table with 36 triggers and upon adding another trigger
>> (really a foreign key reference) the alter table query hangs and
>> doesn't return...

> I don't know of a trigger limit, but does this table have data in it?
> It's possible that the alter table is being slow in checking the initial
> state of the constraint.

I'm wondering if the ALTER is waiting to acquire lock on the referenced
table (it will need exclusive lock to add the trigger).  If some open
transaction has used the referenced table and is now sitting around
without committing, it would cause the above behavior.