Re: PostgreSQL and TLS 1.2

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and TLS 1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/26/19 10:10 AM, ROS Didier wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to check that postgresql is compatible with TLS 1.2.
> what test could I do to check this compatibility?

Hi,

I just now pointed this command at our PG 9.5 server at $work:

openssl s_client -connect dbhost:5432 -starttls postgres

and got the following response (excerpted for the relevant parts):

Verification: OK
---
New, TLSv1.3, Cipher is TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384

Then I tried this version:

openssl s_client -connect dbhost:5432 -starttls postgres -tls1_2

and got this result:

Verification: OK
---
New, TLSv1.2, Cipher is ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384

Regards,
-Chap