Re: NAS, SAN or any alternate solution ?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: NAS, SAN or any alternate solution ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
bsimon@loxane.com wrote:
> Would NAS or SAN be good solutions ? (I've read that NAS uses NFS which
> could slow down the transfer rate ??)

> Has anyone ever tried one of these with postgresql ?

Not (yet) with Postgres, but my company has run ~100GB Oracle database
on NAS (NetApp) for the past couple of years. We've found it to
outperform local attached storage, and it has been extremely reliable
and flexible. Our DBAs wouldn't give it up without a fight.

Joe