Re: Adding JDK1.5 removing 1.1 support.

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Adding JDK1.5 removing 1.1 support.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> I've done this for the core driver, but I'm kind of stuck on how to get
> this to work for the various DataSource implementations.  These don't
> have the same multi-version architecture and users are required to
> know what JDK they are dealing with in their configuration.

I have to admit I haven't looked too hard at this area, but I don't
understand why we need versioned implementations of DataSource at all.
Don't they all end up delegating to the Driver to create the connection
anyway? I couldn't see anything in the JDBC3 implementations that seems
JDBC3-specific..

We currently use the jdbc2.optional datasource implementations under a
1.4 JDK, for historical reasons more than anything. But it appears to
work fine.

-O

Сообщение: Re: Adding JDK1.5 removing 1.1 support.
Сообщение: Re: Adding JDK1.5 removing 1.1 support.