Re: Portals and nested transactions

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Portals and nested transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On the other hand, some people supported the idea that v3 Bind portals
> should behave nontransactionally, while DECLARE portals should behave
> transactionally.  Maybe we could make that a property of the portal, or
> even a user-selectable property (where we would define a reasonable
> default behavior).

If this is going to happen, either the protocol-level portals need
access to all the functionality of DECLARE, or it needs to be done as a
user-selectable property of DECLARE. Currently the JDBC driver uses only
protocol-level portals, but as soon as we want to support large
scrollable or holdable ResultSets (effectively unsupported by the
current driver) it will have to use DECLARE to get access to SCROLL /
WITH HOLD.

-O