Re: Error in DatabaseMetaData TableColumn lenght.dec information

От Dario V. Fassi
Тема Re: Error in DatabaseMetaData TableColumn lenght.dec information
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Dario V. Fassi wrote:

Hi, I whish to report a erroneous information returned by
DatabaseMetaData.getColumns()  method.

Suppose

CREATE TABLE A (  f1 DEC(6,3), f2 dec(6,3) );
CREATE VIEW B as ( select ( f1 + f2 ) as f from a;

Then DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() returns:

VIEW B   F   NUMERIC(  65535 ,  -65531 )

I've modified the cvs version of the driver to return numeric(1000,1000)
which is the maximum precision and scale you are allowed to define.  A
more complete solution is outside the realm of the JDBC driver.

Kris Jurka
Kris,

A return value of numeric(1000,1000) , is far better than  numeric(65535,-65531) , but this mean a number with all the presicion in the fractional part and is not very usefull.

Why not a more login value like    "Numeric(100,50)"  , yet oversized but more appropiate.
Can you imagine a number with 1000 digit's presicion, it's impractical and undisplayable.

Dario Fassi.