psqlodbc versioning

От Mark Slagell
Тема psqlodbc versioning
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Can someone explain the versioning convention I see here:

   ftp://ftp8.us.postgresql.org/postgresql/odbc/versions/src/

Is 7.2.5 current?  The 07.03.0200 has a later file date, but I don't
know if I am looking at a later version of the same package or something
different.

I'm basically trying to get feedback to a proprietary database vendor
who claims to have recently started to support postgres.  We're using
their product on a Red Hat ES platform and are having some trouble with
row locks - they cause some queries to simply hang uninformatively, and
the vendor is blaming the problem on the odbc driver not reporting the
lock.  To be honest I am not sure whether these people know what they
are talking about -- I won't claim to know much, being just a user who
hasn't been working with pgsql for very long, and then only through
their abstraction layer.

What we have installed currently is psqlodbc-7.2.5 along with
postgresql-7.3.4, and I'm in the process of setting up 7.4.3 on a test
server. The reason I'm not using the 07.03.0200 driver(?) is that it
doesn't seem to generate a libodbc.so file, which is needed for the
installation scripts provided by this vendor's product.

I can probably provide a little more information (on-list or off-list)
if it might help anyone here make some sense of our situation.

   -- Mark