Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Дата
Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Список pgsql-hackers
> There's a whole lot of difference between the skill level needed to
> query the information_schema and find out things like table and column
> names, vs looking into pg_namespace, pg_class and pg_attribute plus
> understanding the specific info there to work out table and column names.
>
> I reckon that having information "pre-prepared" in views like those in
> information_schema is "of course" going to be easier for people than
> "raw" information our internal catalogs.
>
> Do you get where I'm coming from with this?

Yes, but I disagree.  Your opinion is as an experienced user anyway, and
you're just putting words in novice mouths...

We've never had someone complain about querying stuff like that.  For
example, why do you need the comments on columns?

Chris