Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>> There is a huge difference between adhering to a standard and limiting
>> yourself to a standard.  The real question is whether PostgreSQL's
>> goal is to support SQL standards, or whether PostgreSQL's goal is to
>> give PostgreSQL users a useful set of tools.
>

> There are literally _hundreds_ of fields we could add to the
> information_schema.  Either we add them all or we add none of them.

Well, if we add them (and they would be very useful I reckon) should we
ensure there's an obvious PG naming thing happening?

i.e.  pg_column_comment

or similar?  Maybe not "pg_" but you know what I mean.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Chris

Сообщение: Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Сообщение: Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns