Re: Problem while OS-Update

От Heiko Pohl
Тема Re: Problem while OS-Update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Heiko Pohl <Heiko.Pohl@VR-Web.de> writes:
>

>>Thank You,  I installed now the 7.2.4-Version and it works. But how do I
>>reach my Data? My 7.2.-installation is now in /usr/local/pgsql/ , my
>>data - also 7.2 - are in /usr/lib/pgsql.old/data/ ...??
>>

>Point the postmaster to that data directory with PGDATA or -D switch.
>
>            regards, tom lane

I tried the following:

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql.old/data
FATAL 2:  The database cluster was initialized with LC_COLLATE
'de_DE.UTF-8' and
        LC_CTYPE 'de_DE.UTF-8', but the server was compiled without
locale support.
        It looks like you need to initdb or recompile.
-bash-2.05b$

Then:

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql.old/data/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

initdb: The directory /var/lib/pgsql.old/data/ exists but is not empty.
If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty
the directory /var/lib/pgsql.old/data/ or run initdb with
an argument other than /var/lib/pgsql.old/data/.
-bash-2.05b$

How can I recompile? Or is there another possibility?

Heiko