Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Laurent Sylvain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I experienced some TCP connection leaks when using PGSQL JDBC driver 7.4
> (build 214) to connect to a 7.3.4 server.
> The symptoms are that when performing a netstat on the client machine, many
> connections were in the CLOSE_WAIT state.
>
> The problem is that the driver tries to connect using v3 protocol and when
> it sees that the server doesn't understand it, it opens a new connection
> (PGStream) to the server without closing the previous one:

In theory the discarded connections should eventually be garbage
collected and closed, right? So at least the leak is bounded.

(I'll check that this is fixed in my patches; I restructured that area
quite a bit)

-O

Сообщение: Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected
Сообщение: Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected