Re: Tablespace patch review

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Tablespace patch review
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I don't see why an admin tool can't connect to each database and get a
>listing of what is in each tablespace.  I don't think connecting to 100
>databases to get that information will be slow.

Well, whatever you call slow or not slow.
I checked it; connecting 10 databases, retrieving tablespace
dependencies (pg_class union pg_schema) and closing takes about one
second over an ssl connection, 0.2 seconds with non-ssl. This was a
trusted connection, can't check what will happen with md5, krb or so.

Regards,
Andreas