Re: Improving postgresql.conf

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:

>Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>

>>The only real problem I see is that showing all the values as comments
>>encourages the idea that you can undo a change by undoing your edit.
>>The simple and obvious fix is to not show the values as comments ...

I agree.
A good way how to describe a config variable is present for
listen_addresses, which clearly states the default value. Could be even
shorter, e.g.
port = 5432 # default: 5432

To solve the "commenting out a setting doesn't return to default'
problem a magic word 'default' could be introduced, forcing to load the
default setting.

How about *requiring* to set any variable, at least to xxx='default'?
This would remove any ambiguities (and force to review postgresql.conf
after upgrading, which is a good idea anyway).

Regards,
Andreas

Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: Improving postgresql.conf