Re: OWNER TO on all objects

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: OWNER TO on all objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps better to put these out towards the end of the dump, not right
> after the creation of the object?  Or is that what you're doing?

I just inserted the ALTER OWNER statement between the CREATE and the
GRANTs.  Why do you want them at the end of the dump?

> I would envision the safest procedure as creating all objects, loading
> all data, etc, then all ALTER OWNERs, then all GRANT/REVOKEs.

I don't yet understand your reasoning for wanting this all at the end...

> Not if you still own the table while loading into it (see above point).

Can we not load as superuser?

> However, this all assumes a complete dump/restore.  Consider data-only
> restores.  Consider partial restores using pg_restore's options for
> that.  What happens then?  It'd likely be appropriate to issue set
> session auth during scenarios involving pre-existing objects.

OK, i will test all those situations...  What scenarios did you have in
mind?

Chris