Re: invalid page header

От Michael Guerin
Тема Re: invalid page header
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:

>Michael Guerin <guerin@rentec.com> writes:
>

>>"Dumping and reloading the table that owns this toast table would be a safer route; it would at
>>least make it real clear what damage you'd suffered."
>>

>>Is this b/c the damaged pages would be zero'd out?
>>

>Right, which would make vacuum happy, but you'd be missing some data.
>(Unless you're fortunate enough that there are no currently-live rows
>on the damaged page.)
>
>            regards, tom lane

I tried using pg_dump and copy, but both get errors and fail.  Is there
another way that I should try to export the data?  Also, I sent another
post recently trying to find out how these things happen.  The drives
seem to be ok, although I still need to memcheck.  This is the second
corruption in a 4 day span, but I can't find any clues to why its happening.

-michael