Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Clean up generation of default

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Clean up generation of default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> 3. Or even create a pg_get_sequence() function:
>>> SELECT SETVAL(pg_get_sequence(schema.table, col), 17);
>>

>> Actually, this is the best solution :)

OK, attached is a pg_get_serial_sequence(schema, table, column) function
.  I have tested it with crazy names and it seems to be good.  It works
like this:

SELECT setval(pg_get_serial_sequence('public', 'mytable', 'mycol'), 1,
false);

If someone approves it, i'll work on making it a built-in backend
function, and make pg_dump use it.

This will also be great for our app, since we would no longer have to
have hard-coded sequence names in our code.  (For getting last sequence
val on oid-less tables)

Chris

CREATE FUNCTION pg_get_serial_sequence(name, name, name) RETURNS text
    AS '
    SELECT
        pg_catalog.quote_ident(pn_seq.nspname) || ''.'' || pg_catalog.quote_ident(seq.relname)
    FROM
        pg_catalog.pg_namespace pn,
        pg_catalog.pg_class pc,
        pg_catalog.pg_attribute pa,