Re: pgsql-server: Clean up generation of default names

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Clean up generation of default names
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Clean up generation of default names for constraints, indexes, and serial
> sequences, as per recent discussion.  All these names are now of the
> form table_column_type, with digits added if needed to make them unique.
> Default constraint names are chosen to be unique across their whole schema,
> not just within the parent object, so as to be more SQL-spec-compatible
> and make the information schema views more useful.

Do you do any sort of 'locking of potential names' to ensure that
another process adding a sequence at the same time or something won't
get the same name first, causing yours to still fail or break uniqueness?

Or do we just not care since it's unlikely to happen and our transation
would likely have some exclusive lock anyway?

Chris