Re: serverlog function (log_destination file)

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: serverlog function (log_destination file)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>If I were trying to solve Andreas' problem, I'd pipe stderr to some
>program that stores recent log output in a file that I know the location
>of and can read from the hypothetical log-grabber function.  Actually I
>don't see that there's any need to involve Postgres itself in this issue
>at all --- seems like the only agreement needed is between the GUI and
>the postmaster launching script about where the log file is.

What if there's no file access (e.g. only db admin, not sys admin, no
file sharing, firewalled with only 5432 port access or similar)? I'd
like a solution that needs just enabling in postgresql.conf and a button
in pgadmin3 (probably phppgadmin would follow soon), on any platform.

Regards,
Andreas

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: serverlog function (log_destination file)
От: Shridhar Daithankar
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Failures with windows port