Re: Backup and Restore of PostgreSQL

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Backup and Restore of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tim Penhey wrote:
> Richard Huxton mentioned:
>

>>The pg_dump utility is the standard way to backup PostgreSQL and the
>>custom format is already compressed.

> The question though is how to call this from a java servlet / hopefully in a OS
> independant way.

Well, obviously file-paths can be dealt with simply, and pg_dump will
output to a named file, so you're ok there.
As for safely calling external programs, that's probably more a question
for the servlet system (Tomcat I think you said) - it's not different to
calling any other external program.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd