Re: serverlog function (log_destination file)

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: serverlog function (log_destination file)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
>>

>>> For adminstrator's convenience, I'd like to see a function that
>>> returns the serverlog.
>>>

>> What do you mean by "returns the serverlog"?  Are you going to magically
>> recover data that has gone to stderr or the syslogd daemon?

Hm, what I missed is that pg_ctl's -l parameter converts to a simple
stderr redirection, and it's hardly possible to find out where it's going.
This could be solved by a file log_destination option or a
freopen(...,stderr) from a guc variable.

Regards,
Andreas